For all of the do-it-yourself types, you have the option to install your own Sunspace Porch Windows. The following video shows step-by-step instructions on how to properly install your windows.
If you do choose to opt out of professional installation, we offer a 'DIY discount' for sending in your final measurements, picking up the windows at our warehouse, and self-installation.
Download and print our instructions for window installation »
Sunspace porch windows have a 1” flange and are designed to be fastened through this flange into framing structure. Silicone caulking and color matched screws are provided.
- Center and square up window frame in opening. Fasten a screw into each corner.
- Use shims if needed to maintain the same width in the middle of the window as in the top and bottom. An “hourglass” shape will result in window panels that are too loose.
- Fasten the sides with screws at each meeting rail (see Outside view diagram below)
- Fasten the header and sill with one screw in the middle.
- If needed, tighten the screen by removing the spline on one vertical side, pull the screen tight, and insert the spline. Trim off excess screen being careful not to slice inside of the splines.
Not sure if you're up for self-installation? Find out the benefits of having Sunspace Twin Cities install your porch windows »